our vision & values
Here you’ll find out more about our DNA as a church; what makes Emmanuel distinctive.
Our ultimate purpose at Emmanuel is to glorify God. We believe that we do this as we seek to…
- reach out – we want to tell everyone what God has done in Jesus.
- build up - we want to help one another grow in our relationship with God, so that we know Jesus better and prayerfully shape our lives in the light of his will.
- send out – we want to encourage and train every Christian to use their God-given gifts in his service, and to send people out to proclaim his word throughout the world and in their everyday lives.
Our Ministry Values
Emmanuel Church is an evangelical church. Here are three values which underpin what we are about and which spell out our agenda as an evangelical church.
- the means of gospel ministry is the prayerful teaching of the Bible - it is as the Bible is taught in the power of the Spirit that God’s voice is heard.
- the heart of gospel ministry is the proclamation of Christ crucified - because the message of the cross is God’s way of saving people from his coming wrath.
- the focus for gospel ministry is the local church - believing that it is primarily through the local church that unbelievers are brought to faith in Christ and believers are built up in him.
Our Vision Statement
“At Emmanuel Church, we will train up one another so that, in our words and lives, we enjoy and proclaim together the good news of Christ crucified so that Bramcote (and the wider world) might know Jesus for themselves as Saviour and Lord. And we do all this not to make Emmanuel look great, but so that God gets all the praise he deserves.”
In the autumn of 2010 we went through a sermon series called 20/20 Vision which outlines the implications of our vision and values. The audio from that series is available to download here.